Re: NANFA-L-- central mudminnow

Mark (nanfa-in-jonahsaquarium.com)
Wed, 20 Apr 2005 16:32:59 -0400

At 5:09 PM -0400 4/20/05, Bob Muller wrote:
>I was moving a pair of central mudminnow out of a 5 gallon I had wintered
>them in and found several fugused eggs. Does any know if the spawn more
>than once?

I don't know, but you might want to check the tank carefully for
other eggs that are developing. You might also try to determine
whether the female is still holding eggs and may not have finished.
You may know that these are early spawners and spawn as soon as the
water warms just a little. Males are really spectacular in full
breeding color. Todd can show you tons of them near Toledo. We saw
a lot of them last year in the Killbuck Marsh in Wayne Co OH too.

--
Mark
Conejo Creek drainage

<))>< /----------------------------------------------------------------------- / This is the discussion list of the North American Native Fishes / Association (NANFA). Comments made on this list do not necessarily / reflect the beliefs or goals of NANFA. For more information about NANFA, / visit http://www.nanfa.org Please make sure all posts to nanfa-l are / consistent with the guidelines as per / http://www.nanfa.org/guidelines.shtml To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get / help, visit the NANFA email list home page and archive at / http://www.nanfa.org/email.shtml