Re: NANFA-L-- Camping in FL and AL with FEMA?

Drummond Howard (drummondhoward-in-hotmail.com)
Tue, 04 Apr 2006 15:15:19 +0000

I think the key is Spring feed. The water coming out of the ground can be
very cold. In the local quary in Va in August the temp-in-the top 10 feet
can be 75 to 80, but 45-in-the bottom, maybe 65 to 75 feet, with two
seperate thermoclines, you can actually see the debris settle-in-the
thermocline-in-times.

Too much muck in the water to take pictures though, and I believe the only
water in the area with zebre mussels.

Drummond Howard
Gaithersburg, Maryland