RE: NANFA-L-- creating levels with rock work

J. C. (hillbillynursery-in-yahoo.com)
Wed, 26 Apr 2006 19:39:23 -0700 (PDT)

Cichlid-forum.com has full instructions for this type
construction of foam backgrounds.

I did make some holes in the side of a few boxes for
some larger hiding spots but the rocks on the boxes
made most of my caves as I was and am keeping mbuna
type cichlids which only get 4 inch.

Long time fish nut trying to get into natives.

Later, John

--- Irate Mormon <archimedes-in-bayspringstel.net> wrote:

> Why not make it where fishes and/or crawdads can
> swim into the sweater
> boxes? I mean, put little holes or something in
> them, maybe where they
> are concealed or made to look like natural caves or
> something.
>
> I can think of a lot of ways to do what you are
> trying to do, but I
> don't see anything wrong with your method, and I
> rather like the idea of
> having a hidden refuge. Be aware that the sweater
> boxes will deform
> under the weight of the rocks. Progressively. You
> could accomplish the
> same thing with styrofoam, carved to look like a
> rock and painted.
> Somebody - Casper or Rob Carillo or somebody - made
> some backgrounds in
> that manner.
>
> -Irate
>
> "He says there's no doubt about it, it was the myth
> of fingerprints.
> I've seen them all and man, they're all the same." -
> Paul Simon

John Cox of Cumberland Killifish
Honey Robber beekeeping and removal services

Please join A Fishy World my new email group all
about fish-in-AFishyWorld-subscribe-in-yahoogroups.com
http://mail.yahoo.com