Re: NANFA-L-- I'm blogging fish; really.

Derek Parr (derekparr-in-earthlink.net)
Thu, 27 Apr 2006 11:17:36 -0400

I certainly agree with that. I'm certainly aware of several nearly
extinct plants and such that are said to reside in certain general parts
of NC, and it is obviously a very good idea to keep their specific
location a secret.

Its just that having a publicly or perhaps a NANFA member available
database sounds like such a good idea. Obviously care would have to go
in to keep the few places where protected fish reside out of it, but-in-
least in my area, that leaves a lot of very cool and very prolific fish
and creeks and streams.

Granted, in my state, the NCDWQ already has such a database on their
site, so perhaps it is a mute subject for me. I guess that from my
ignorance, I wonder how different other states are in retaining their
habitat? or is there just a more protective attitude to be found in
other locations?

-derek parr
chapel hill, nc
cape fear river basin