RE: NANFA-L-- RE: NANFA-- Next Convention?

Subject: RE: NANFA-L-- RE: NANFA-- Next Convention?
From: Kenneth Quinn (mosasaur47-in-msn.com)
Date: Wed Aug 11 2004 - 21:54:24 CDT

>For better or worse, I have agreed to host the 2005 convention. I'm
>looking-in-locations near Little Rock, AR, so there could be collecting
>trips in to the Ozarks, the Ouachita Mountains, the upper coastal plain,
>and the Mississippi delta - the 4 major ecoregions in Arkansas. I am still
>trying to pull together the details to propose to BOD, so I would welcome
>input from the list. Particularly I'd like to know species/areas you'd
>like to collect, characteristics you'd like to see in the hotel and event
>venues, and your feeling on dates for the convention.

It has been 30 years, but there was a very good collecting spot right in
city limits of LR,-in-the east end of W. 65th St. - heavy aquatic
vegetation,-in-least 2 species of Fundulus, and others. The water was about
4 feet deep along the bank, which was crushed granite - actually a syenite,
but unless you are a geologist...

Kenneth Quinn

: Wed Sep 29 2004 - 12:24:19 CDT