Re: NANFA-L-- cold euthanasia

anutej-in-loxinfo.co.th
Wed, 30 Aug 2006 01:00:14 +0700

For the way you suggest it may not work for air-breathing fishes. I
had tried that with bettas and the result is not good... they seem to
be drown before becoming inactivated... :-(

For slow temp change I remember vaguely about experiment in my bio or
eco class in the US about effect of temp on silversides. Even with
rather slow temp change [1/2 - more than 1 hour] they still show sign
of discomfort [and still died] when temp approach extreme on either
side, but far worse reaction on the warm end.

Tony