NANFA-L-- response to spotfin shiner comments

Subject: NANFA-L-- response to spotfin shiner comments
From: Lori Austin (providentaustin-in-yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Dec 01 2004 - 15:34:37 CST

Thanks for the quick responses...

So, given that my spotfins are chasing each other and picking on each other and that it is not likely this behavior will end.... is this a problem? Eventually, will it lead to their demise? ...as of now I notice no shreded fins or missing scales. I find them to be interesting as far as cyprinids go.

I currently have them (spotfins) in a 40 gallon. The fantail darters will be added within the hour. Seeing that the other comments lead me to believe that the longear would pose a problem and that the blackstriped topminnows would not be able to compete. I thought of another scenario...

Can I put redside dace in with the spotfins? Or will the spotfins attack? If so I may need to rethink the spotfins.

thanks