NANFA-L-- So much for education...

Subject: NANFA-L-- So much for education...
From: James Smith (jbosmith-in-gmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 27 2004 - 21:34:35 CST

I really think many of you just need to get over yourselves. I mean
you do realize that anyone who wants to know where a certain fish is
can just call the appropriate state agency and ask them? Do you really
think they go around shocking everything and filling out survey forms
for nothing?

Honestly, what kind of organization that is supposed to promote North
American fish would tell people they were on their own finding a site
that tells you where to find the same fish? I have to say I'm glad
that not everyone shares the same high horse ideas or all North
American fish could just as well be written off. Don't you stop to
think about the chance that maybe somewhere some kid is turning to
this list as a resource because something sparked their interest? What
kind of message does "It's available via search engines" send?

I have a membership check sitting here that was going to be mailed in
once my paycheck cleared, but this whole topic has left such a bad
taste in my mouth that I've decided to tear it up and give the money
to an educational program instead. I was rather looking forward to the
newsletter too.

Happy New Year,
Jim

: Sat Jan 01 2005 - 12:42:06 CST