Re: RE: NANFA-L-- fish vs fishes

Subject: Re: RE: NANFA-L-- fish vs fishes
swel0828-in-brockport.edu
Date: Wed Dec 29 2004 - 13:45:31 CST

Hello - to answer you Q Andrew

    fish = one or more individuals of a single species

    fishes = one or more species; regardless of numbers involved

                      (text - Diversity of Fishes, Helman et al. 1997; p.6)

Can anyone send me some credible info on longear sunfish (Lepomis megalotis) occurance in the northeast ??
Esp. in NYS.... Currently searching for historical data...

Scott M. Wells
Graduate Research Assistant
Dept. of Biological Sciences
State University of New York-in-Brockport
swel0828-in-brockport.edu