NANFA-L-- walter worms

Bob Bock (bockhouse-in-earthlink.net)
Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:09:18 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Hi Mike. I'm starting up a walter worm culture as well, from a starter Lee gave me. Are they any harder to start than microworms? (I just saw some climbing up the sides of the container this morning, but they seem a little slower than the microworms.

One thing about microworms--everyone says not to put too much yeast on top of the culture. I found that when I nearly cover the culture with yeast, I get better results. I also keep the culture warm by putting it on top of the furnace. This culture seems to grow faster than the non heated culture.

-----Original Message-----
From: "psalm119.111-in-juno.com" <psalm119.111-in-juno.com>
Sent: Feb 27, 2005 1:22 PM
To: nanfa-l-in-nanfa.org
Cc: nanfa-l-in-nanfa.org
Subject: RE: NANFA-L-- Is the list running?

I'm starting up vinegar eel and walterworm cultures with hopes of some spawning successes. Won't be any collecting here in the Capital District of NY more snow coming. But it's March Tuesday hope and spring is on its way.
Mike Lucas

Now includes pop-up blocker!

/ http://www.nanfa.org/archive/nanfa/guidelines.html To subscribe,
/ archive-in-http://www.nanfa.org/archive/nanfa/