Re: NANFA-L-- stonecat project

Bob Bock (bockhouse-in-earthlink.net)
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 09:27:24 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Hi Shawn. I'm sure someone on this list will be happy to tell you about their experiences with stone cats. I've never kept this species, and so don't have anything to tell you about it.

In the mean time, have you tried doing a google search? If you haven't already, just go to http://www.google.com, and type in "stone catfish"--use the quotes, like I've done here, to avoid getting a lot of references you don't need.

I just tried it, and more than 10 pages of references came up. Some aren't what you're looking for--like references to rock songs with "stone" and "catfish" in the lyrics.

The first two, from planet catfish, look promising. (You can also get to planet catfish directly, http://www.planetcatfish.com

You might also try searching the scientific name of the stone catfish in quotes, too.

Good luck with your project, Shawn.

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Flowers <bloomin-in-indy.net>
Sent: Jan 18, 2005 4:16 PM
To: nanfa <nanfa-l-in-nanfa.org>
Subject: NANFA-L-- stonecat project

My name is Shawn Flowers.
I am doing a science project on stonecats. I would like some more
information on the fish. I have a few question to ask.

What time of the year do they breed and how many times a year?

Can I breed thwm in a tank if so how?

How long do they live?

How can you tell a male from a female?
Any other information or pictures you might have on the stonecat I would
appreciate it.
Please email any picture that I can use privately.

Thank you in advance,
Shawn Flowers

/ http://www.nanfa.org/archive/nanfa/guidelines.html To subscribe,
/ archive-in-http://www.nanfa.org/archive/nanfa/