Re: NANFA-L-- Another Crayfish Problem?

Mark (nanfa-in-jonahsaquarium.com)
Mon, 31 Jan 2005 11:10:31 -0500

At 10:15 AM -0500 1/31/05, Dean A. Markley wrote:
>Hello all, here's a totally different crayfish issue. I have a 110
>gallon set up with an 8 inch longnose gar, a 3 inch pumpkinseed and
>a pair of 2 inch madtoms. I've noticed over the past few weeks that
>something has been doing some excavating but haadn't been able to
>figure out who or what.
>
>Well last night, the mystery was solved. I have a three inch
>crayfish in residence! I have no idea how he got in there unless he
>came along with the gravel from the Susquehanna River way back in
>August. Now, how the heck do I get him out of there? He's a rather
>destructive creature and I don't think the gar is really interested
>in eating him. I also do not want to disrupt my rocks or plants.
>Any suggestions????

Bowfin love them! But they also love pumpkinseeds, madtoms, anything
else that moves :) ...well, I don't know about gar. Maybe you can
catch him out in the open-in-night.

--
Mark
Conejo Creek drainage

<))>< /----------------------------------------------------------------------- / This is the discussion list of the North American Native Fishes / Association (NANFA). Comments made on this list do not necessarily / reflect the beliefs or goals of NANFA. For more information about NANFA, / visit http://www.nanfa.org Please make sure all posts to nanfa-l are / consistent with the guidelines as per / http://www.nanfa.org/archive/nanfa/guidelines.html To subscribe, / unsubscribe, or get help, visit the NANFA email list home page and / archive-in-http://www.nanfa.org/archive/nanfa/