Re: NANFA-L-- Collecting native fish in Arkansas for sale

matt ashton (ashtonmj2003-in-yahoo.com)
Sat, 21 Jan 2006 12:55:29 -0800 (PST)

Well isn't one of the keys to all this subject, causing it to go from a fishing license to a commercial/bait dealers license, the fact that there is a "sale" being made, therefore a profit being made off the resource. Isn't this why members trade or give fish to one another. There is no sale involved. Taking something in and out of a country like that though I would imagine requires declaring things with the a proper government agency like the USDA or appropriate foreign equivalent.

anutej-in-loxinfo.co.th wrote: Wondering is there any legal way to acquire NA freshwater fishes that
are not in peril for aquarium or educational purposes overseas?

Tony