RE: NANFA-L-- PetsMart update

Crail, Todd (tcrail-in-UTNet.UToledo.Edu)
Thu, 26 Jan 2006 14:52:29 -0500

It's also possible that the male only thing is market initiated. And perhaps
since that particular market doesn't usually concern itself with questions
like this, they don't need to waste time answering the outliers. Plain and
simple. They may not care what you think, as difficult as that might be to
comprehend :)

And I wouldn't take it personally if they don't get back to you. If I were
them, I wouldn't answer either. There's no glaring ethical violations in
selling only males, so why would they spend time defending their merchandizing
schema? Their business model is to lower overhead as much as possible and
turn a profit.... not spend employee resources cowtowing to every strange
request that comes in off the internet.

Todd
The Can We Get Back to Native Fish Madness, Toledo, OH
http://www.farmertodd.com <http://www.farmertodd.com>

________________________________

From: owner-nanfa-l-in-nanfa.org on behalf of Irate Mormon
Sent: Thu 1/26/2006 2:27 PM
To: nanfa-l-in-nanfa.org
Subject: NANFA-L-- PetsMart update

Still no reply from either Petsmart or Segrest Farms. As a control, I
sent an innocuous inquiry to the former, using a different email
address. I am curious to see if it just takes them several days to
answer an email, or if they are ducking the question. I don't know why
they would be afraid to answer - maybe they are having to kick the
question upstairs until they find somebody who knows. It's possible too
that I've got it all wrong - the supplier might have initiated the
male-only thing, although that hardly seems like it would be in their
best interest.