Re: NANFA-L-- my darters

Drummond Howard (drummondhoward-in-hotmail.com)
Fri, 24 Jun 2005 18:28:43 +0000

Antyhing you do will be very expensive to setup and operate. If you really
want to keep the darters you will have to keep them cool and if you don't
cool your apartment, you will want to insulate your tank as much as
possible. As far as an inexpensive chiller look-in-a canister filter inside
a small freezer or refridgerator. You can put holes through the side and
put extra tubing inside to increase the amount of time the water is inside.

I have heard of people putting the sump filters for their saltwater tanks in
old chest freezers to keep them cold..... It's still expensive to run.

Drummond Howard
Gaithersburg, Maryland