Re: NANFA-L-- OT: World Record Catfish

Moontanman-in-aol.com
Wed, 29 Jun 2005 21:35:05 EDT

--part1_155.5373037b.2ff4a649_boundary

In a message dated 6/29/05 5:49:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Jan.J.Hoover-in-erdc.usace.army.mil writes:

> We have had some posts regarding recent efforts to study giant freshwater
> fishes facing extinction.
> Here is a story (and photo) of a 646 lb Mekong giant catfish.
>
> - Jan Hoover
> Vicksburg, MS
>

> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8404622/

You may not believe this but on another list I recently saw a question asked
by a person looking to keep this fish in an aquarium. They wanted to know if a
Mekong catfish, an Arapaima and a sturgeon would get along in the same
aquarium. I think it was a 55 gallon tank. Somehow the arapaima and the Mekong are
available in the aquarium trade, I would like to assume that-in-least they are
captive bred.

Moon

--part1_155.5373037b.2ff4a649_boundary-- /----------------------------------------------------------------------- / This is the discussion list of the North American Native Fishes / Association (NANFA). Comments made on this list do not necessarily / reflect the beliefs or goals of NANFA. For more information about NANFA, / visit http://www.nanfa.org Please make sure all posts to nanfa-l are / consistent with the guidelines as per / http://www.nanfa.org/guidelines.shtml To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get / help, visit the NANFA email list home page and archive at / http://www.nanfa.org/email.shtml