Re: NANFA-L-- Photos of fish from Cummins Creek, 60 miles

Dan Johnson (danjohns-in-io.com)
Sat, 10 Jun 2006 18:36:05 -0500

I frequently refer to a usgs fish survey done in the Houston area:
http://pubs.usgs.gov/of/1998/ofr98-658/pdf/ofr98-658.pdf . They show
pumpkinseed from the exact spot I was collected yesterday. I'm starting
to suspect, however, that their identifications are not always correct.
Looking-in-other references, pumpkinseed is not found anywhere near
here.

--Dan