Re: NANFA-L-- Photos of fish from Cummins Creek, 60 miles

Dan Johnson (danjohns-in-io.com)
Mon, 12 Jun 2006 08:34:30 -0500

Irate,

I've actually worked pretty hard-in-photography in the past, mostly
reptiles and plants. I started out lazy with fish, but finally decided
to break out the studio equipment for some of my most recent pictures.
I'm using a softbox rather than on-camera flash. The reflections on the
sunfish were driving me crazy. See comparison here,
http://www.io.com/~danjohns/fish/photography.html . At this point I'm
relatively happy with the exposure. Getting the color balance right is
a little tough. This digital camera is trying to be smart, and works
well with the on-camera flash, but not so well with the softbox. A
little research should help I'd think. Were you referring to exposure
or color? Photos can appear different on different monitors.

--Dan