RE: NANFA-L-- Spring Fling - The Preliminary Picture.

Bruce Stallsmith (fundulus-in-hotmail.com)
Mon, 14 Mar 2005 12:45:38 -0500

Yeah, Todd and Jeff joined us-in-Borden Creek, AL, last Sunday which was a
beautiful day. Check out his picture of a blackbanded darter on the link
below. It's one of the oddest looking blackbandeds I've seen, even given
that it's a variable species.

Todd, are you sure that your Tennessee Snub isn't a Black darter? I say that
because the saddles along the sides are fused into a more or less continuous
black blur, more typical of Blacks than Tennessees. But I could be wrong. .
.

--Bruce Stallsmith
along the sunny Tennessee (River, that is)
Huntsville, AL, US of A