Re: NANFA-L-- Bowfin along Rt 40?

Henry G. Tomasiewicz (henryt-in-uwm.edu)
Tue, 21 Mar 2006 13:30:58 -0600

Hi,

Spawning of bowfin occurs when water temps reach about 16-19oC. In Wisconsin
that is about late May to early June. Further South that will, obviously, be
earlier. When I was in Georgia, it occurred in Okeefenokee Swamp in Mid-March
to April. In the Upper Midwest Bowfin spawn between the time Largemouth Bass
and bluegill family members spawn. Hope this helps.

Henryt

... as science has become increasingly institutionalized, it has come to be
perceived as just another guild pursuing its own selfish interests alongside
truth and the common good. John Horgan

Quoting deanmarkley-in-comcast.net: