Re: NANFA-L-- A Little Lepomis or Enneacanthus Help

Mike Haren (mh4mac-in-comcast.net)
Wed, 29 Mar 2006 07:01:48 -0500

Todd,
I see your point on NJ fish status, I haven't seen any sign myself of
any decline on native species, I see more of a problem of exotic
introduction than anything else. (koi) being top on my observation
list. I tend to find them in almost every body of water I come to ,
second would have to be the Gambusia affinis which one lake I have
found them to be in over abundance. I have even collected them in
small, slow moving streams.

As for the flyier, it was my second choice but I have never seen one
to make that observation. I had ruled out the blue spotted due to the
fact no blue was present. In the photo's the fish are a bit stressed
and the stripping had become more faded then-in-the time of collection.

Thanks for the help,

Mike H.
TomsRIver NJ