Re: NANFA-L-- Photograph and Release

Drummond Howard (drummondhoward-in-hotmail.com)
Thu, 30 Mar 2006 17:59:08 +0000

It can be done, but unfortunately it's not as easy as on shore. You do get
them in their natural habitat though and if you can get enough sunlight so
you don't have to use a flash, it's much better. I took several on the St.
Lawrence last summer that were nothing special, but if you dive thre you
know the clarity really sucks, and there wasn't very much light since it was
overcast most of the weekend. I am going to try to do more this summer in
some shallower water. It's easier to take pictures when you don't have to
keep checking your air pressure and computer. I can probably get some
better pictures in a lake with a snorkle. I'm going to try to get down to
Florida this year.

Drummond Howard
Gaithersburg, Maryland