Re: NANFA-L-- F. julisia (was myth of restoration)

Moontanman-in-aol.com
Sun, 8 May 2005 23:35:42 EDT

--part1_7e.69320a55.2fb0348e_boundary

archimedes-in-bayspringstel.net writes:

> Well, here's the problem with that: Both NANFA and NFC have some type of
> breeder program. NFC's was a little more agressive - they would send you
> any of
> the fish that were listed as available, and the recipient was supposed to
> send
> back data when they bred the fish. They sent a LOT of fish to a LOT of
> "breeders", and NOT ONE person returned a report of succeessful spawning.

As bad as I hate to admit it you do have a point,-in-one time I thought I
would be able to maintain several species but after being retired somewhat
unexpectedly I am down to breeding nothing but crayfish and I only have them because
they respond well to benign neglect. Most individuals simply do not have the
long term resources to maintain and breed a species in captivity with any
reliability.

moon

--part1_7e.69320a55.2fb0348e_boundary-- /----------------------------------------------------------------------- / This is the discussion list of the North American Native Fishes / Association (NANFA). Comments made on this list do not necessarily / reflect the beliefs or goals of NANFA. For more information about NANFA, / visit http://www.nanfa.org Please make sure all posts to nanfa-l are / consistent with the guidelines as per / http://www.nanfa.org/guidelines.shtml To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get / help, visit the NANFA email list home page and archive at / http://www.nanfa.org/email.shtml