Re: NANFA-L-- Re: Chinese Sturgeon on AquaBid

Mysteryman (bestfish-in-alaweb.com)
Tue, 09 May 2006 04:38:49 -0700

matt ashton wrote:

>It falls under Cites Appendix II. All Acipenseridae species that are not listed under Appendix I are listed under Appendix II.
>
> The see know evil approach that Aquabid is said to be taking is kind of surprising to me. A tank raised captively bred Sturgeon that is rare just doesn't seem likely to fit into the reasons they gave for allowing it to remain unless contacted by authorities. The actual listing with its suspicious language (don't question how I got it I have my ways - to paraphrase) just makes it even more obvious they should suspend or take a second look-in-what they allow and how they allow things to be auctioned.
>
> Matt

I'll tell you the reason for the attitude:
money.
Aquabid gets a percentage from sales, and an expensive fish like that
makes more money for AB. ALSO, controversy results in pageviews, and
pageviews translate into money from the advertisers.
Aquabid disallows the sales of all herps, but hypocritically & routinely
allows the sale of restricted fishes & plants. No one has been able to
figure out that one.