Re: NANFA-L-- Re: Chinese Sturgeon on AquaBid

Steffen Hellner (steffen-in-hellner.biz)
Thu, 11 May 2006 17:05:56 +0200

I have only single experience with wild fish in a pond (Fundulus catenatus)
and they didn4t ever get domesticated, they kept their alert distance, never
adopted to people coming up. Possibly because they have not been fed
separately but only from natural food present in the pond. I am convinced
you could put them back into nature without problems. Tank reaered fish may
be different. And possibly fish only learn until they are adult. if one
makes it to adulthood it is successful enough, can reproduce and the
offspring can adopt again. Without scientific evidence.