Re: NANFA-L-- Some questions on quarantine -medication /

Jerry Baker (nanfa-in-bakerweb.biz)
Sun, 21 May 2006 09:10:25 -0700

Mysteryman wrote:
> Personally, I've found that dropping the photoperiod to 8.5hrs per day
> does a good job of simulating winter, and after a 1-2 month period of
> that I increase the photoperiod by around 15 minutes every 2-3 days
> while increasing the temp an avg of 1F every 3-4 days. Once I hit 11 hrs
> photoperiod I stop the increase, and by then the temp is usually in the
> low to mid 70's.

Anyone doing this might be interested in the Intermatic DT27 timer. You
set it once with your desired times and latitude and it will adjust the
timer cycle according to sunrise/sunset-in-the latitude you program.

http://www.intermatic.com/images/instruction_sheets/158dt11724.pdf