NANFA-L-- Kinda OT - Horseshoe Crab

Subject: NANFA-L-- Kinda OT - Horseshoe Crab
From: Laura Burbage (leuhrich-in-yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Nov 05 2004 - 14:57:43 CST

Hi Everyone,

I just inherited a tiny horseshoe crab from our
biology department. It was ordered for the
invertebrate survey we just taught, and they don't
have a good place to keep it now so that it won't get
eaten. Has anyone kept one before? I can't find much
info out there. I do know that it wants a sand
substrate, and that it can eat chopped fish, shrimp,
and clams. It's about 1.5 inches. My most immediate
question is what salinity they do best in, but any...
ANY... advice would be greatly appreciated!

-Laura
(Thesis due to committee tomorrow)