Re: NANFA-L-- Review of Suckers in North America

Subject: Re: NANFA-L-- Review of Suckers in North America
From: Irate Mormon (archimedes at bayspringstel.net)
Date: Mon Oct 11 2004 - 20:45:06 CDT

Quoting Peter Unmack <peter.lists at>:

> Abstract
> Reintroduction projects may fail because captive-reared animals do not
> possess the behavioural skills required for survival in the wild.
<snip>

Interesting assertion - I wonder how mortality of reintroduced fishes compares
to wild fishes which get gobbled up as fry, before they are old enough to
develop "safe" behaviors?

--Irate
Where am I going? And why am I in this handbasket?
/ archive at http://www.nanfa.org/archive/nanfa/.

: Fri Dec 31 2004 - 11:27:42 CST