Re: NANFA-L-- Review of Suckers in North America

Subject: Re: NANFA-L-- Review of Suckers in North America
dlmcneely at lunet.edu
Date: Tue Oct 12 2004 - 14:31:47 CDT

The data do not bear out that this intuitively promising idea works. The fry just end up dead, making little impact on the overall population. You really need to read the book that David Scharpf recommended. I recently picked it up (used) at Porter's Book Store in Portland, Ore. for $11. I'll bet it's on EBay. Or more economically, in a library near you.

Geologist David Montgomery in his book "King of Fish"

Now, do introductions work? You bet, unfortunately.

David L. McNeely, Ph.D., Professor of Biology
Langston University; P.O. Box 1500
Langston, OK 73050; email: dlmcneely at lunet.edu
telephone: (405) 466-6025; fax: 405) 466-3307
home page http://www.lunet.edu/mcneely

"Where are we going?" "I don't know, are we there yet?"