Re: NANFA-L-- Grass Pickerel

Subject: Re: NANFA-L-- Grass Pickerel
From: Wallace Bilingham (wally_pike at hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 19 2004 - 08:22:33 CDT

I have kept 3 grass pickerel in a 29 gallon tank for 2 years now with no
problems. They are very well fed however. Perhaps one reason this works is
that they were all collected at the same time and they were perhaps only a
week or two old, so they grew up together.

Wally
along French Creek in Erie County PA

>From: EELReprah at aol.com
>To: nanfa-l at nanfa.org
>Subject: Re: NANFA-L-- Grass Pickerel
>Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 00:21:36 EDT
>
>Mine was about 5 inches long a few weeks ago and is now about six inches
>long. She especially likes 2 inch surplus Aphyosemions. Preferred over rosy
>red
>shiners and common shiners. I have seen pictures of pike that died trying
>swallow another pike about their own size. I would not try to keep two in a
>small
>aquarium. Maybe 100 gallons or more with lots of plants and driftwood would
>work.
>
>Lee Harper
>Media, PA
>/ Association (NANFA). Comments made on this list do not necessarily
>/ reflect the beliefs or goals of NANFA. For more information about NANFA,
>/ visit http://www.nanfa.org . Please make sure all posts to nanfa-l are
>/ consistent with the guidelines as per
>/ http://www.nanfa.org/archive/nanfa/guidelines.html. To subscribe,
>/ unsubscribe, or get help, visit the NANFA email list home page and
>/ archive at http://www.nanfa.org/archive/nanfa/.

/ archive at http://www.nanfa.org/archive/nanfa/.

: Fri Dec 31 2004 - 11:27:49 CST