Re: NANFA-L-- Bowfin in aquariums

Subject: Re: NANFA-L-- Bowfin in aquariums
Moontanman at aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 29 2004 - 21:07:00 CDT

In a message dated 10/29/04 3:18:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Snailcollector at cs.com writes:

> ) Will it learn to come out for food? SOme of my catfish are so nocturnal
> that they will never, ever show their face in while the lights are on.

Catfish can be trained to come out when the light is on by never allowing
them to be completely in the dark. Bright lights in the day and less bright
lights at night will force them to come out when you can see them. It works and the
fish don't seem to mind. A bowfin is unlikely to get to be three foot long in
the wild much less in captivity.

Moon

/ archive at http://www.nanfa.org/archive/nanfa/.

: Fri Dec 31 2004 - 11:27:55 CST