Re: NANFA-L-- Snakehead edibility

swel0828 at brockport.edu
Sat, 15 Oct 2005 15:48:04 -0400

Lee - thank you for bringing that very important factor of contaminates into the equation...

We have a great freshwater sport fishery for introduced salmonids up here in Lake Ontario...
Unfortunately the health advisories recommend eating little or no large fish due primarily
to the effects bioaccumulation & the aftermath of the industrial revolution on our waterways...

Remember it is never the fishes fault.............. All they want to do is survive/grow/reproduce

Humans have caused these problems... and it is up to us to solve them!

>> thanks to all for the tips and updates on this snakehead issue

I will pass on the text & links to my colleagues.

I guess containment / education is the key now...??

Scott M. Wells
Graduate Research Assistant
Longear Sunfish Project
Dept. of Env. Sci. & Biology
S.U.N.Y. College at Brockport .... "southern Lake Ontario watershed"
swel0828 at brockport.edu