Re: NANFA-L-- Toxic Caulerpa?

Subject: Re: NANFA-L-- Toxic Caulerpa?
Moontanman at aol.com
Date: Fri Sep 03 2004 - 22:47:47 CDT

In a message dated 9/3/04 11:04:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
njz at clevelandmetroparks.com writes:

> I can never remember which is which. I need to look them up. I have three
> species, the crinkly, angular "leaf" type, the feathery type, and the flat
> blade type (I do beleive that is C. prolifera). All three are in the same
> system and grow together. The rumor that I heard was that is was Jaubert
> ("founder" of the infamous Jaubert reef system) that accidentally introduced it into
> the Mediterranean.
>

> Nick Zarlinga

Nick, would you happen to have a a list or some sort of book or other
reference that lists all known species of caulerpa? I tried to look it up on Google
and there is virtually nothing but C. taxafolia for the first twenty pages or
more!

Moon

/ archive at http://www.nanfa.org/archive/nanfa/.

: Fri Dec 31 2004 - 11:27:13 CST