Re: NANFA-L-- America's national fish

Subject: Re: NANFA-L-- America's national fish
From: njz (njz at clevelandmetroparks.com)
Date: Wed Sep 08 2004 - 17:40:06 CDT

There was a fishing group in Ohio that called me last year to tell me that
they are lobbying to have the small mouth bass as our state fish. I don't
know if anything came of it. I am sure that the walleye geeks would have
something to say about that.

I like the idea of NANFA intensively lobbying for America's fish. It would
be such satisfaction to listen to NPR or Paul Harvey one day comment on a
"national organization of self proclaimed fish heads who have lobbied to
have an almost unknown, but very beautiful little fish as our nation's
national fish". My vote would have to go to the rainbow darter. How cool
would that be....

Nick Zarlinga

"If we ignore nature.....maybe it'll go away."