Re: NANFA-L-- America's national fish

Subject: Re: NANFA-L-- America's national fish
From: James Smith (jim at fishiezoo.com)
Date: Thu Sep 09 2004 - 14:40:30 CDT

Oooh, lots of fish outside their native range! I could bring them all home and
call it exotics removal! Of course, I'd want to eat some of the cichlids
and I'm
not sure New Orleans has the best water to eat fish from :-)

I do have a friend in New Orleans that I want to visit some day (not soon, I'm
broke from moving) and we should hook up too and visit this canal :-)

Jim

At 08:54 AM 9/9/2004, you wrote:

> > Ya know, pumpkinseeds are pretty, but I would LOVE to be able to go and
> > catch Mexican tetras, pupfish and especially Rio Grande Cichlids.
>
>Move to New Orleans. There is a canal half a mile from where I sit, full of
>Cyprinodon - admittedly variegatus - and also full of Rio Grande Cichlids.
>The same canal yields Fundulus grandis, Lucania parva, Heterandria formosa,
>Gambusia of course, Poecilia latipinna, and others so far uncaught.
>
>Kenneth Quinn
>/ Association (NANFA). Comments made on this list do not necessarily
>/ reflect the beliefs or goals of NANFA. For more information about NANFA,
>/ visit http://www.nanfa.org . Please make sure all posts to nanfa-l are
>/ consistent with the guidelines as per
>/ http://www.nanfa.org/archive/nanfa/guidelines.html. To subscribe,
>/ unsubscribe, or get help, visit the NANFA email list home page and
>/ archive at http://www.nanfa.org/archive/nanfa/.

/ archive at http://www.nanfa.org/archive/nanfa/.

: Fri Dec 31 2004 - 11:27:16 CST