Re: NANFA-L-- plants and soil

Subject: Re: NANFA-L-- plants and soil
From: Todd Crail (farmertodd at buckeye-express.com)
Date: Thu Sep 30 2004 - 19:03:35 CDT

PAR = Photosynthetically Available Radiation. It's a measure of how much
energy is in the spectrum where plants can utilize it for photosynthesis.
It's measured in some gosh awful conglomeration of units. It's basically a
bunch of physics crap that biologists can find useful from time to time by
lowering it or increasing it and playing with the plasticity of organisms
using it, as an example. But it looks really impressive when you put all
those units next to a graph ;)