Re: NANFA-- FW: larval bluegill survival (fwd)

Bruce Stallsmith (fundulus_at_hotmail.com)
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 20:28:51 EDT

I replied to her and told her of my experiences with bluegill and
pumpkinseed larvae -- I fed them greenwater/LiquiFry for about a week or
two, then freshly hatched brine shrimp nauplii. I have an untested theory
that sunfish larva wouldn't be able to handle and process marine rotifer
species, even though the rotifers are themsevles very small. I think B.S.
nauplii are less kinetic, easier to handle and process, and the protistans
in greenwater are easier still for the most part. But to quote Wright
Huntley, YMMV.

--Bruce Stallsmith
Huntsville, AL