Re: NANFA-- New England NANFA Meeting

Richard J Rego (newzoo_at_juno.com)
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 18:51:45 -0400

Hi Dennis (and others),

Yes, I was aware of the NEC meeting this week (in fact I have the
pamphlet right here in front of me!). The meeting was set-up short
notice, the original posting about two-weeks ago was done right after I
found out the Nat. His. Center was available. We plan on meeting a
little more regularly this year, so hope to have a meeting next month as
well. This meeting was more of a "who can make it...come, if not we'll
catch you at the next meeting".
At this meeting (as well as other meetings) there will be talk of
delegating some people for certain meeting functuions, such as a national
NANFA coordinator (to keep in touch on the national level), a
notification person (for sending out e-mails and letters about chapter
activities) A guidebook committe (for working on the New England Native
Fishes Guidebook), etc... This will hopefully avoid future problems of
meeting notifcations, coinciding with other regional fish activities
(such as the NEC, and other local fish auctions). Right now I am running
the entire region by myself, and there are other things beside the
regional meetings that I do that are "fish related".
I am looking forward to mmeting with as many people as possible
on Sunday. And you CT guys........dont spend too much at that auction!
you need to leave a few tanks open for the natives.

Rick Rego

-----