Re: NANFA-- 120 Gal. needs new home

Michael Canady (canady1538_at_msn.com)
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 14:55:03 -0700

that may be a little high
I just bought a complete 75 gallon with matching
stand, hoods, lights, and biowheels for a hundred bucks
What comes with it?

----- Original Message -----
From: Stott Noble
Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2003 11:12 AM
To: nanfa_at_aquaria.net
Subject: NANFA-- 120 Gal. needs new home

Hi all-

I've got a 120-gal. aquarium that needs a new home. I'm planning to list it
in
the local paper but thought I'd give the list a shot at it first. This is an
older tank that I bought when a local Wally-World was re-doing their fish
display. It's 72"X18"X24". I believe the tank was manufactured before
tempered
glass was common because the glass is very thick (half-inch) and therefore
the
tank is VERY heavy. It has some chipping in the right front corner and is
drilled with two three-quarter inch holes roughly half an inch from the top
of
the back glass. I filled it with water when I got it home and found no leaks
but, since it's had no water in it for 3 or 4 years I would re-seal it. I'll
also include the thrift-store credenza I bought to serve as a stand. (fits
the
tank perfectly). I'm asking $250 (if this amount seems ridiculous let me know
off-list as I'm not too familiar with appraising used fish gear) It goes
without saying that anyone interested would have to come get it (Birmingham,
Alabama) but if you can spend one or a couple of days I'll put you up, feed
you and take you to some great collecting spots nearby. (Alabama is second
only to Tennessee in freshwater fish species) So, If anybody's interested,
let
me know off-list.