Re: NANFA-- big fish

Moontanman_at_aol.com
Fri, 9 Apr 2004 22:46:36 EDT

In a message dated 4/9/04 9:47:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time, jlw_at_dune.net
writes:

> The photo of the two men
> holding up the catfish is a picture of two italian fishermen holding up a
> large Wels catfish from there.
I remember seeing a wels catfish in a petshop around 30 years ago. It was
about 12" long at the time. Same shape as a glass catfish but bigger. I've often
wondered if they were ever actually stocked in lakes for pay fishing. I also
remember reading about a pay per fish fishing lake in Ohio that claimed to have
a 500 pound catfish from Europe stocked in it. The lake was washed out in a
flood into the Ohio River years later but I never read about the status of the
500 pound catfish after the flood. Makes you wonder "What if" don't it?

Moon
If you listen to fools, the mob rules!