NANFA-- moss confusion (forwarded)

Christopher Scharpf (ichthos_at_charm.net)
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 14:01:01 -0400

Chris, could you please post this to the NANFA list?
Here's some background. There's been a recent discussion
in the Aquatic Plants Digest list over the scientific name
of a particular type of aquatic moss that some of us
recently obtained from a generous aquarist in Singapore.
(For a picture, please look at
http://www.geocities.com/aironfire/index.html)

James Purchase has volunteered to undertake an
excellent project to culture and identify the different
aquatic mosses that are in the hobby, and he is seeking
samples. He specifically asked that this message be
posted to the NANFA list. If anyone on the NANFA
list has aquatic moss samples (except regular store-
bought Java Fern) to contribute, please contact James.

thanks!
Shireen

Moss Confusion