RE: NANFA-- Shark caught in Lake Erie!!

Crail, Todd (tcrail_at_northshores.com)
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 13:32:52 -0400

I'd have to agree Moon. My boss once brought back a bonnethead from Florida
that was killed in a red tide because he thought I would think it was cool (I
appreciated the sentiment anyway ;). It was on ice for a week and it was in
about the same condition. Now... The smell. That was a whole other issue,
because his olfactory senses don't work and.. well... He wasn't able to get
second dates for awhile ;)

Did anyone else have a mental flash of the opening segment in 2001 Space
Odyssey when you read that these people beat this animal on the beach?

-----Original Message-----
From: Moontanman_at_aol.com
Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2002 12:32 PM
To: nanfa_at_aquaria.net
Subject: Re: NANFA-- Shark caught in Lake Erie!!

In a message dated 8/1/02 10:31:13 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
tcrail_at_northshores.com writes:

<< http://www.farmertodd.com/nanfa/whenhumansattack/ >>
Well guys and gals the shark does at least resemble an Atlantic Sharpnose
Shark closer than any other I can compare it with. One thing for sure it is a
male and not a smooth hound or similar type shark. Knowing how difficult it
is to keep an Atlantic Sharpnose shark alive in captivity even for a short
time in confined spaces. I'm betting the shark was DOA when "found" and
someone had just come back from a fishing trip to the coast. This has hoax
written all over it and unless they have film of the shark swimming I'm
betting it was about as likely to have been found swimming in Lake Erie as a
giant squid.

Moon