Re: NANFA-- FW: FW: National Invasive Species Act (NISA)

Bruce Stallsmith (fundulus_at_hotmail.com)
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 13:02:59 -0400

<x-flowed>
Thanks Rob, your timing is exquisite! I'm hosting a Conservation Biology
class this semester as a last-minute thing and I needed some recent reads on
invasive species. The UCS analysis is one of the missing pieces come to
light.

--Bruce Stallsmith
Huntsville, AL, US of A

>From: "Denkhaus, Robert" <DenkhaR_at_ci.fort-worth.tx.us>
>To: "NANFA (E-mail)" <nanfa_at_aquaria.net>
>Subject: NANFA-- FW: FW: National Invasive Species Act (NISA)
>Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 11:55:01 -0500
>
>FYI
>
>Rob Denkhaus
>Fort Worth Nature Center & Refuge
>

> > The Union of Concerned Scientists (UCS) is pleased to
> > announce the posting of an informative paper on the National
> > Invasive Species Act (NISA). This law plays a key role in
> > protecting aquatic ecosystems. It is up for reauthorization
> > now - which provides a rare opportunity to move
> > environmental issues forward.
> >
> > The UCS paper provides background information on NISA, its
> > successes and shortcomings, and provisions to strengthen
> > this law. UCS Senior Staff Scientist Phyllis Windle
> > prepared this paper, and it was originally circulated to
> > UCS' Sound Science Initiative. To download a pdf copy of
> > this paper, please visit the UCS web site at
> > < http://www.ucsusa.org/environment/bio_nisa.html >.
> > If you are interested in receiving this paper in another format,
> > please contact me directly.
> >
> > Sincerely,
> > Jason Mathers
> > Global Environment Program
> > Union of Concerned Scientists
> > jmathers_at_ucsusa.org
> >
> > To learn more about UCS' Sound Science Initiative, please
> > visit
> > < http://www.ucsusa.org/environment/ssi.html >
</x-flowed>