RE: NANFA-- white spots on Fundulus cingulatus

geoff (gkimber2_at_alltel.net)
Sun, 3 Aug 2003 22:11:07 -0400

Yes, but not to all the fish in all the affected tanks. In the recent past,
I have fed live black worms, frozen blood worms, frozen krill, and frozen
brine shrimp to the first tank I noticed the white spots, but I haven't in
several weeks.

However, I have now discovered the white spots in a tank full of southern
red belly dace fry that have eaten only flake. The tank was newly set up
and the parents of the fish were the first occupants. Today, my eagle-eyed
middle son noticed white spots on mollies in two different tanks. These
tanks have also only been fed flake.

Now you have to tell me why you asked ;-)

BTW-

I discovered an interesting website for fish diseases-

http://www.fish-disease.com/

No pictures, but it has descriptions. For lymphocytosis, It looks like I
can remove fish from the infected tanks for 60 days and then re-introduce
fish safely.

I have found that Fundulus notatus are very sensitive to infection - I have
a half-dozen F. notatus in one of the tanks with infected mollies - The
mollies have a very light infection, but all 6 of the F. notatus have spots.
I have had these F. notatus for almost a year with no problems.

It looks like I will have a very empty fish room going into the winter.

Geoff

Lexington, KY
The Lymphocytosis capital of the world.