Re: NANFA-- Fish collecting device

Bruce Stallsmith (
Sun, 10 Dec 2000 11:47:41 -0500

Yeah, this kind of suction gun is more formally called a slurp gun.

--Bruce Stallsmith
Huntsville, AL

>From: "Mark Otnes" <>
>To: <>
>Subject: NANFA-- Fish collecting device
>Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 19:30:04 -0600
>I'm wondering if any of you NANFA people have ever seen or heard of
>like this; I swear that back when I was a kid a saw a picture of a skin
>diver who had what I can only describe as a suction gun, that he was using
>to collect fish. It consisted of a transparent cylinder attached to a
>vacuum chamber that you would point at the fish. Then there was a trigger
>that when pulled would cause the chamber to expand and the fish and its
>surrounding water would be sucked into the chamber.
>Is there such a thing? Was I dreaming or on drugs (it was 70's)?
>Mark Otnes
>Fargo ND

Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download :

/"Unless stated otherwise, comments made on this list do not necessarily
/ reflect the beliefs or goals of the North American Native Fishes
/ Association"
/ This is the discussion list of the North American Native Fishes Association
/ To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get help, send the word
/ subscribe, unsubscribe, or help in the body (not subject) of an email to
/ For a digest version, send the command to
/ instead.
/ For more information about NANFA, visit our web page,