Re: NANFA-- Fwd: "Pet Shop Problems?"

Jay DeLong (thirdwind_at_att.net)
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 12:47:31 -0800

<x-flowed>
At 12:25 PM 12/15/00, you wrote:
>Now I feel bad for my last post. Yes, feeder goldfish can be seen as an
>ugly side to the hobby. Many people will not keep piscivores due to some
>sense of morality. However, I think feeding a fish feeder goldfish or
>feeder guppies is much preferred over feeding natives.

Norm, don't feel bad. I feed fish to my fish and I feed fish to myself,
too. I was just wondering why there aren't more universally accepted
standards of decency regarding the treatment and confinement of live
animals reared or sold commercially. Besides the slobs and profiteers who
are making things tough for responsible keepers and collectors, isn't it
the right thing to do morally?

--
Jay DeLong
Olympia, WA

/----------------------------------------------------------------------------- /"Unless stated otherwise, comments made on this list do not necessarily / reflect the beliefs or goals of the North American Native Fishes / Association" / This is the discussion list of the North American Native Fishes Association / nanfa_at_aquaria.net. To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get help, send the word / subscribe, unsubscribe, or help in the body (not subject) of an email to / nanfa-request_at_aquaria.net. For a digest version, send the command to / nanfa-digest-request_at_aquaria.net instead. / For more information about NANFA, visit our web page, http://www.nanfa.org </x-flowed>