Re: NANFA-- my last hunt

Jay DeLong (thirdwind_at_att.net)
Sat, 16 Dec 2000 13:40:47 -0800

<x-flowed>
At 10:46 AM 12/16/00, you wrote:
> i did not eat them and have not hunted since.
>perhaps i would again if i lived in the country and wanted to show my
>children where meat really comes from. i do not resent other hunters tho i
>listen to their language and attitude.

I'm like that too, Casper. I enjoy everything about hunting up to the
point of the kill itself. I hated it when I didn't kill the animal
instantly. The great naturalist Aldo Leopold said he used to carry a gun
into the woods so people wouldn't make fun of him on his walks.

--
Jay DeLong
Olympia, WA

/----------------------------------------------------------------------------- /"Unless stated otherwise, comments made on this list do not necessarily / reflect the beliefs or goals of the North American Native Fishes / Association" / This is the discussion list of the North American Native Fishes Association / nanfa_at_aquaria.net. To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get help, send the word / subscribe, unsubscribe, or help in the body (not subject) of an email to / nanfa-request_at_aquaria.net. For a digest version, send the command to / nanfa-digest-request_at_aquaria.net instead. / For more information about NANFA, visit our web page, http://www.nanfa.org </x-flowed>