RE: NANFA-- Nitella

Ken Wintin (kwintin_at_desertmuseum.org)
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 10:51:11 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeffrey Fullerton [SMTP:tcmajorr_at_westol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2000 5:50 AM
To: nanfa_at_aquaria.net
Subject: NANFA-- Nitella

> Jeff wrote:

Does anyone out there have good luck growing this plant?
[Ken Wintin] Jeff,
First of all there is considerable debate as to whether it is Nitella, or
Chara. I call what I have Chara rigida, it seems to grow really well under
a lot of conditions. It doesn't seem to like very low mineral content,
though, and I have had to add considerable CO2 to get it to thrive in soft
water. I can send you a little if you will email me at
kwintin_at_desertmuseum.org
Ken