Re: NANFA-- Want Alligator Gar? or Pickerel ???

Dave Littlehale (littled_at_cris.com)
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 23:16:56 -0500

I'd be careful about purchasing or collecting muskies unless you have a guaranteed
home for it when it gets too big for your tank.

They are interesting to observe especially when small and kept with other small
muskies. Unless they are fed alot they will eat their tank mates. There doesn't
need to be much of a size differential before one becomes a snack. I had one die
because it had one a slightly smaller one stuck in its throat.

Definitely check with your state fish & wildlife people to determine the legality
of owning these fish whether it was purchased or collected. They may frown upon
it being in a home aquaria. You can never tell.

Dave still in NJ