Re: NANFA--thatpetplace.com

Richard J Rego (newzoo_at_juno.com)
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 15:44:37 -0600

I agree with you there Moon, and it is unfortunate. I am not totally
bashing the web stores, including That Pet Place, as I have also bought
stuff there. I know it is hard to find a good LFS where "all" the people
there know what they are talking about. Those types of pet stores are
going the way of the good old-fashioned hardware stores (thanks to the
big warehouse type stores). This is what I see here in my area, it may
be totally different in other areas.

Take the few pet stores in my area (not including the 2 million Pets
Mart's and Petco's), some have really "crappy" fish departments, others
are much better ones. However, 65% or so of their floor space is
dedicated to dog and cat products, I know, dogs and cats are in a lot
more households than fish. Birds and reptiles are another part of the
store, with their associated line of dry goods. What I am trying to say
is that there are very few "with emphasis on very" all fish stores
anymore (again, at least in this area). I know of a couple, they are
small, cramped, BUT..the fish are great, and the advice is good. If you
are looking for some specific fish, they'll know where to get it, if you
want to breed it, they know how. This is what I want when I lay my money
down...good service, with a smile...something you definitely don't get on
line!

/------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----
> /"Unless stated otherwise, comments made on this list do not
> necessarily
> Association
> / nanfa_at_aquaria.net. To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get help, send
> the word
> / subscribe, unsubscribe, or help in the body (not subject) of an
> email to
> / nanfa-request_at_aquaria.net. For a digest version, send the command
> http://www.nanfa.org

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.